Article originally published In Columbia Missourian on February 22, 1987
Where History Lives
Reproduced with permission from The Columbia Missourian
|History of the Builder
|| Camplin built the house as a cabin originally. It became an inn on the Boone's Lick Trail, after the house was moved to the new town of Columbia. .
|| Early 1800's. in 1892 James W. Connelly rebuilt the cabin into the structure that stands today. He sold the property after it was rebuilt.
|| In 1932 the home was rented and used as a nightclub for several years. It was used mainly by State University students. The yard contained a tennis court.