Professional Perspective Credit
How to Hold an Event
- When planning an event it is a good idea to check the web calendar and to check with fellow organization presidents to ensure there are no (or few) scheduling conflicts.
- Reserve a room through the Law Administration office (203), (573)882-6487 (Room 203).
- Fill out the "Application to Receive Professional Perspectives Credit" (PDF). The completed form should be turn in to Room 227. The form asks you to include: a short description of your event; whether you are seeking Professional Perspective or Career Component credit; and, whether the event is open to the public.
- If the Associate Dean approves your event, the event will be placed on the web calendar and at the appropriate time will be announced on the digital sign outside of Room 103. If the Associate Dean has any questions as to the eligibility of your event, you will be contacted.
- When sponsoring an event that qualifies for Professional Perspectives you are responsible for having the sign-in sheets on the day of the event to be able to record student attendance. The sign-in sheets are available in Room 227 or through email from the Associate Dean's administrative assistant (Robin). If you notify Robin in advance, a copy with your event details can be printed for you (making it a good idea to come the day before). It is of most importance that the event information is provided in each sign-in sheet, to allow us to keep proper record of the information.
- After the event is completed, please return the sign-in sheets back to the Dean's office and hand them to Robin as soon as you can. We need those forms so that we can keep accurate records of student participation.