Prof. Amy Schmitz has many scheduled academic presentations this fall, showing the breadth of her expertise and respect the field of dispute resolution has for her work.
Here is a list of her presentations this fall:
- Amy J. Schmitz, The Arbitration Conversation, Various topics and issues in an ongoing web series, Arbitrate.com, https://arbitrate.com/article.cfm?zfn=arbitrationconversation.cfm (starting in June 2020; free and open to the public; over 95 episodes and more coming).
- Amy J. Schmitz, ODR TRACK 2021: How to educate about e-justice/ODR, Online E-Justice Conference, Nov. 29, 2021 (Prague, Czechia).
- Amy J. Schmitz, There is an App for That: Arbitration of Smaller Commercial Disputes in the Technology Sector, Paris Arbitration Week, Sept. 20, 2021 (Zoom), https://parisarbitrationweek.com/.
- Amy J. Schmitz, Data Analytics & AI in the Courts, Data Points Speaker’s Series, The Ohio State University, Oct. 1, 2021.
- Amy J. Schmitz, ODR State of Play, Cyberweek, Nov. 5, 2021 (Zoom).
- Amy J. Schmitz, Increasing Diversity in Arbitration, An Online Colloquium, Co-Organizer and Moderator, Nov. 2-3, 2021 (Zoom).
- Amy J. Schmitz, ODR – The Digital Age of Dispute Resolution is Here, ABA Dispute Resolution Advanced Mediation Conference, https://web.cvent.com/event/422d2afe-6d17-49b6-9302-f7a5f2efacad/websitePage:645d57e4-75eb-4769-b2c0-f201a0bfc6ce, Nov. 5, 2021 (Zoom).
- Amy J. Schmitz, Unconscionability as Access to Justice: Two-Way Marketplaces, The Gig Economy, and the International Market for Dispute Resolution Services, American Society of Comparative Law’s Annual Meeting, Madison, WI (via Zoom), Oct. 22, 2021.
- Amy J. Schmitz, Arbitration in the Age of Covid….Ordering OArb in Covid and Beyond, Conference on Construction and Hospitality Disputes Post-Covid, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, Oct. 14 & 15, 2021 (now most likely Zoom).
- Amy J. Schmitz, Towards ODRAI (Online Dispute Resolution Enhanced by Augmented Intelligence), Empowering Litigants while Disempowering Abuse – Conflicting Values, Cyberjustice Lab.
- Professor Amy J. Schmitz presented with Dr. Leah Wing on ODR Ethics, for la CONFERENCIA WEB INTERNACIONAL ADR / ODR “Por el Día Mundial de la Paz y la Cultura de la Paz” y ODR América Latina, Sept. 21, 2021, (Zoom). A screenshot is attached if you wanted to use it.
- The day earlier, Professor Amy J. Schmitz presented on a panel, There is an App for That: Arbitration of Smaller Commercial Disputes in the Technology Sector, as part of Paris Arbitration Week, Sept. 20, 2021 (Zoom), https://parisarbitrationweek.com/. Professor Schmitz discussed online dispute resolution, including blockchain arbitration and the use of AI and data analytics in arbitration. Students from Mizzou Law’s Internet Law course attended the panel via Zoom, as the panel pertained to work that they are doing in class. This provides students with opportunities and connections that would not happen without these events that combine research and teaching.