Rules & Regulations
Due to COVID-19 safety restrictions, no outside groups can use the facility at this time.
The School of Law uses the EMS Online Reservations System to reserve rooms in Hulston Hall. You can reserve a room, add any Law School Services (building and IT), add permits for food/beverage or alcohol, and if event is after hours, request doors to be adjusted. Please read all of the rules and regulations before using the EMS system.
- Room reservations must be made not later than 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE DATE on which the event is to be held, excluding Saturday and Sunday and/or holidays. (The 48-hour period must fall within five consecutive working days.)
- Only Law School Faculty/Staff and Law School students are allowed to book space in Hulston Hall online. Anyone else will need to contact Michelle Marsden at 882-6487 to get special permission to reserve space in Hulston Hall.
- All requests must be approved by Michelle Marsden, 882-6487, email: email@example.com, or by the Building Coordinator Hilary Frymire, 882-9679, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations will not be taken before the school’s class schedule is final. For fall and spring semesters, this is usually two weeks after the semester begins (early September for fall and late January for spring). The summer course schedule is completed in late April or early May. The administration reserves the right to cancel any event when deemed necessary.
Equipment and furniture (other than permanent classroom furniture) owned by the School of Law are not to be used during the event. If you need additional equipment, furniture and/or services, you must use an outside resource.
- For information regarding availability of computer and audio-visual equipment, contact the Law IT Help Desk, 884-7800. Request IT Services under the Law School Services. NO IT/AV help is available after 5:00 p.m. weekdays or on weekends.
- Absolutely NO computer or AV equipment is to be moved in or removed from a classroom for any reason. Damage to equipment resulting from moving/altering/removing will be charged to individuals or groups who reserve the room.
- For information regarding availability of additional equipment, furniture or services, contact Campus Facilities, 882-6561 or 882-3091. Campus Facilities provides furniture (tables, chairs, portable platforms, etc.). A charge will be made for additional needs.
- If food and beverages are provided during your event, please request “brute trash receptacles” under the Law School Services.
- No posters, signs, announcements or notices of any kind are to be attached to the brickwork, pillars, walls, classroom doors, restroom doors or glass. Small (i.e. 8 ½ x 11), notices may be placed on the middle entrance doors. Otherwise, please use your own easels for signage.
- Facilities and classrooms should be left as they are found. We do not have custodial staff housed in Hulston Hall, so if you make a mess, it is your responsibility to clean it up.
- While we are pleased to be able to provide the use of the building to you at no charge, this does mean that we do not provide staffing for your event. If you need food and beverage set-up, copies made of handouts, etc. these are services you need to arrange for with an outside provider.
- Pick up room key(s) in the Administrative Office, Room 203, Hulston Hall during the hours of 8:00 AM–4:00 PM, Monday – Friday, the day of the event. (Friday if event is on the weekend).
- Return all key(s) the day immediately following the event to the Administrative Office, Room 203, Hulston Hall during the hours of 8:00 AM–4:00 PM, Monday – Friday. (Monday if event is on the weekend).
FEES AND COSTS INCURRED BY THE ACTIVITY
It is the responsibility of the host organization to bear any of the related costs for the event including, but not limited to:
- Additional security required
- Additional housekeeping required
- Additional materials or equipment
- Persons granted use of University of Missouri buildings are warned not to add or remove anything therein without the approval of the Building Coordinator of Hulston Hall. This applies to changes in wiring, the setting of scenery, decorations, furniture, etc.
- Decorations must be approved by the Building Coordinator of Hulston Hall. Decorations consisting of flammable materials are prohibited. All debris must be removed from buildings and premises immediately following an event by the organization concerned.
- No alcohol is permitted in the building or grounds.
- Contact Parking and Transportation about your parking needs, (573-882-4568, email: email@example.com ).