When you choose Mizzou Law, the Office of Career Development will assist you in planning your career, developing your professional skills and utilizing effective job search strategies. The career development team helps students and graduates find meaningful career opportunities across the state, the country and the world.
The Career Development Office assists students in obtaining summer clerkships, part-time employment, and employment upon graduation tailored to individual strengths and passions. The office is dedicated to working with all law students during their years in Law School, through individual student advising, short seminars, guest speakers, campus interviewing and a library of career and employer information.
Additionally, the office helps students understand the legal marketplace (hiring trends, employment options), determine where they best fit into that marketplace (practice area preferences, career goals, lifestyle choices), and learn the tools to locate employment (networking, communicating with employers, resume/cover letter/interview preparation).
The Career Development Office (CDO) empowers students to develop the necessary skills to successfully transition into their professional career path by:
- Counseling students and alumni on career development and job search strategies
- Offering professional development programming
- Organizing professional networking opportunities throughout the year
- Arranging on-campus interviews with legal employers
- Maintaining current job postings through SAGE for students and alumni
- Increasing employment opportunities for students by building relationships with prospective employers
- Facilitating internship and externship placements
- Providing opportunities for students to participate in regional and national job fairs
- Assisting interested students in obtaining judicial clerkships
- Obtaining reciprocity agreements to permit students and alumni to access job postings at out-of-state law schools