Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I pay my seat deposit? You can give us a call at (573) 882-6042 and we would be more than happy to take your seat deposit over the phone.
- Where can I learn more about scholarships? First-round scholarship awards will be distributed on a rolling basis. If you have specific questions, please contact JR Swanegan, Assistant Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, at email@example.com.
- How can I find out more about financial aid? The first place to check is the law school’s Financial Aid Website. Here you will find information about student loans, scholarships, and work-study and student employment. LSAC has great information too. Finally, check out Federal Student Aid Website for details and terms about federal student loans for law students.
- Do I need to have a laptop? Laptops are not required, but should you purchase one, we suggest using a computer that can provide a long battery life. Most of our classrooms are equipped with outlets for each student, but it never hurts to have a battery that could last through an entire class period. Additionally, many students take their class notes and exams on their laptops. Computer purchase recommendations are updated each year by Mizzou Law’s IT Department. These will be updated in June for the fall 2019. The 2018 computer purchase recommendations can be found here.
- Do I need to submit another transcript? You must submit one official copy of your FINAL undergraduate transcript (with your bachelor’s degree posted) to your LSAC account. If the transcript you submitted when you applied has your degree posted on it, there is nothing further you need to do. If you did not submit a final transcript – with your degree posted on it – to LSAC when you applied (i.e., you are still finishing your degree), you need to send it into LSAC when your degree posts. Even Mizzou undergraduate students must submit a final transcript with the degree posted. Please send this transcript to LSAC no later than August 1, 2019.
- Is additional student medical insurance available? Yes; as a student you have the option to purchase health insurance. The University of Missouri uses Aetna Student Health, and the health insurance premium can be billed to your student account. Aetna does not currently have the premiums published for the upcoming academic school year, but you can use the information provided here to view premium information for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- What is the immunization policy on campus? All newly enrolled or readmitted students born after 1956 are required to show proof of two measles immunizations. Students who do not comply with this policy will not be allowed to register for subsequent semesters until this is on record with the university. For more information contact Student Health by phone at (573) 882-7481 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit their website at http://studenthealth.missouri.edu/forms&policies/immunization.html.
- How do I buy tickets to MU sporting events? All MU students can purchase a Student Season Ticket Combo, which includes tickets to all football home games and the opportunity to attend men’s basketball home games. Additionally, current MU students receive free admission to all other athletic events with their valid student ID. More information on purchasing tickets will be sent out once it is available; this is usually done in June.
- Where can I access an academic calendar? https://law.missouri.edu/current/academic-calendar/
- Are there any daycare options for my young children? There are numerous daycare options around Columbia. Many faculty, staff and students send their children to educational institutions all over Columbia, and we are happy to place you in contact with them.