Earlier in 2020, Professor John Lande published Litigation Interest and Risk Assessment: Help Your Clients Make Good Litigation Decisions with co-authors Michaela Keet and Heather D. Heavin.
He made several presentations on this topic this year, mostly by Zoom:
- “Teaching Mediation with LIRA,” Monday Clinical New Normal Think Tank
- “Mediating with LIRA,” Association of Missouri Mediators
- “Wednesday Lunch Series: Conversation With John Lande,” New York Law School
- “How to Help Your Clients Make Good Decisions Using Litigation Interest and Risk Assessment Techniques,” ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Annual Conference
- “Increasing and Improving Settlement Conferences,” National Labor Relations Board
- “Risky Business: A Toolbox for Managing Litigation Interests and Risks,” International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution Annual Meeting, St. Petersburg, FL
In late 2019, he also gave the McKertcher Lecture: “The Law Can Be Hazardous to Your Clients’ Health – And Yours Too,” at the University of Saskatchewan College of Law in Saskatoon, Canada.