Areas of Expertise
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship Law
- Trust Law
- Uniform Acts
About David English
Professor English joined the MU law faculty in 1999, following a career as an estate planning partner with the Chicago law firm of D’Ancona & Pflaum and teaching at the Universities of South Dakota and Santa Clara.
Professor English is best known for his work with the Uniform Law Commission, for which he was the Reporter for the Uniform Trust Code, the Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act, and the Uniform Health-Care Decisions Act, and was the Chair of the drafting committee on the Uniform Guardianship, Conservatorship and Other Protective Arrangements Act. He has also been active in the American Bar Association and Missouri Bar. For the 2018-2019 Bar Year, he serves as Chair of the ABA Section of Real Property Trust and Estate Law, and he is a former Chair of the ABA Commission on Law and Aging, a former member of the ABA House of Delegates, and a former Chair of the Probate and Trust Committee of the Missouri Bar.
Professor English is co-author of the three-volume treatise, Tax, Estate and Financial Planning for the Elderly, successor author of volumes 4A, 4B, and volumes 5 through 5D of Missouri Practice, and co-author of the books Wills, Trusts and Estates, Principles of Wills, Trusts and Estate, and the Fiduciary Accounting and Trust Administration Guide. He teaches Estates and Trusts, Estate Planning, Elder Law, and Fiduciary Administration.
Latest News Featuring David English
- Professor English Podcast: The Uniform Trust Code and the Future of American Trust Law
- Professor English Attends Uniform Law Commission Annual Meeting; Elected as Life Member
- Mizzou Law Students Attended MO Solo Conference
- Professor English Speaks at Japanese Adult Guardianship Conference
- Professor English to Speak at World Guardianship Conference
Latest Publications from David English
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Challenges to Building an Age Friendly Society in the United States
- Probate Code Manual, Missouri Practice, Volumes 4A-B
- Probate Law and Practice, Missouri Practice, Volumes 5-D
- Arbitration and the United States Uniform Trust Code