Higbee & Associates
Third Annual Criminal Record Policy Essay Competition and Scholarship for law students, sponsored by The Foundation for Continuing Justice and the Law Firm of Higbee & Associates. More than $3,000 will be awarded to the 5 winners.
The purpose of the contest is to help students gain an understanding of the many facets of criminal records such as how they are currently handled, how they affect people’s lives, and how the laws that affect them can be improved.
2019-2020 Essay Topics:
Please choose one of the following:
- How to improve the expungement process in (state of your choice)
- When, if ever, should government stop reporting criminal records to the public?
- What effects do criminal records have on former offenders ability to re-assimilate?
The Prizes For The Winning Essays Are As Follows:
- First Place: $2,000.00
- Second Place: $1,000.00
- Third Place: $300.00
- $200 Honorable Mention
- All Essays Are Due By September 30, 2020
- The Winners Will Be Announced On Or Before October 31, 2020
For all details visit the Official Scholarship Information Page.