Areas of Expertise
- Pretrial Litigation
- Trial Practice
- Veterans' Benefits Law
About Angela Drake
Professor Angela Drake practiced law for more than 25 years in in the areas of complex and class action litigation and insurance coverage and defense. She was a shareholder in the firm of Niewald, Waldeck and Brown in Kansas City, where she practiced for 18 years. She then became a member of Lowther Johnson, LLC, located in Springfield, Mo. In the course of her practice, Professor Drake represented individual and corporate clients in jury trials, bench trials and appellate proceedings in both federal and state court.
Professor Drake received her bachelor’s degree from the College of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn., in 1982 and her JD from the University of Minnesota in 1985.
Professor Drake teaches Insurance Law, Pretrial Litigation and Trial Practice. Since January 2014, Angela has directed the Veterans Clinic at the Law School which serves veterans and their families in matters related to VA disability benefits.
Latest News Featuring Angela Drake
- Mizzou Law Student, Veterans Clinic Director File Amicus Brief in the US Supreme Court
- Professor Angela Drake Wins Distinguished Faculty Award
- USSC Justice Cites Mizzou Law Veterans Clinic Amicus Brief in Dissenting Opinion
- Mizzou Law Faculty and Alumni Honored by Mizzou Alumni Association
- Professor Drake Selected as Panelist for Symposium at American University