Student Records


Students who wish to participate in a class must enroll either for credit or as a “hearer”. If you desire to make a change in course selection, changes in status from credit to hearer or vice versa, or changes in number of credit hours for a particular course, you must obtain a Add/Drop form and a Supplemental Course Statement from the Records Office (Room 203), complete the form, receive approval, and complete the registration process as directed. 

Example: Registration & Sign-Up Materials for 2022-2023

The petitioning period to drop a course or to change status within a course is normally through the first six weeks of the fall or winter semester. Adding a course must be accomplished within the first two weeks. Add/Drops in the summer session must be accomplished during the first week of class. Add/Drop petitions after these periods may only be granted by the Associate Dean and only for a good cause shown.

Information about a refund of fees is available on the MU Cashier’s Website.  Make sure you look at the information that applies to the School of Law. If a student drops a class, the refund adheres to the MU Cashier’s schedule. If a subsequent class is added, the student will be charged 100% for the class.

Transcript Orders

For Graduates 1988 to current

Please visit the University of Missouri Registrar’s website for instructions on requesting and ordering a transcript or call the university registrar’s transcript and records office at 573-882-8252.

For Graduates up to and including 1987

Email your transcript request to Denise Boessen at or mail to Law School Registrar, University of Missouri School of Law, 203 Hulston Hall, Columbia, MO 65211. All requests must be submitted in writing to the Law School Registrar. Please include current your name and/or name at the time of graduation if it has changed, your current contact information including email and phone number, contact information where transcript needs to be sent and your signature for release of the document.

Please contact the law school administrative office at 573-882-6487 if you have any questions.

Note: Due to University policy the School of Law cannot provide ‘unofficial’ transcripts. Nor can the School of Law request transcripts for individuals. The request must come directly from the student/graduate.