If you are applying as a transfer student you must submit the following information. We encourage you to apply through LSAC at www.lsac.org as your application will require certain material you have already submitted to them.
- Law school application and $60 application fee (Transfer applications are only accepted for fall admission)
- Course descriptions for all law school work completed
- Copies of your undergraduate transcript(s) and a copy of your CAS report.
- A brief letter explaining why you would like to transfer. Personal statements and letters of recommendation are optional.
The following must be sent directly to the admissions office at Mizzou Law following the spring semester.
- Official transcripts of all law school work attempted or completed
- A letter from the Dean of the law school you are currently attending stating you are:
- in good standing
- eligible to return to that school
- your class ranking
There is no specific application deadline date for transfer applicants. Most transfer applicants apply in late May or in the month of June after their winter/spring semester law school grades are available. Decisions on transfer student applications are made after all supporting documents are received and reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The Committee typically takes about one week to 10 days to render a decision once a file is complete.
There are not a specific number of seats available for transfer students. The number of transfer students varies from year to year.
A maximum of 31 credit hours can be transferred.
The Admissions Committee is typically looking for a “B” average in a transfer students law school grades.
Students seeking to transfer should be aware that transfer students might not qualify for eligibility for certain academic awards and might not be able to participate in certain law school activities. If you have any questions about this please check with our Admissions Office.